The Shams Group is seeking a dynamic Financial Account to join its accounting and finance team.
Compensation is based on skills and experience. Only qualified candidates with relevant skills and experience (if applicable) will be considered. The candidate will need to pass a technical test to qualify for this position.
This is a full-time contract position with remote work from the candidate’s current location for Dallas TX USA based company. Re-location is not required for this job.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting or Finance.
- Experience with accounting software like QuickBooks, Peachtree etc. is a plus
- Knowledge of USA Accounting Practices and taxation laws is a plus.
- Proficiency with computers and MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, honesty and responsibility.
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- 2+ years of Experience
- Prepare accounting entries and Reconcile general ledgers
- Follow Company Cyclical Accounting Processes
- Provide detailed analysis and explanation of transactions
- Work on Company Accounts Payable functions- Vendor Invoice Payment, ensure accuracy and timeliness of payments and manage vendor contracts
- Prepare monthly financial and various detailed analysis
- Be familiar with Indian companies’ law and be able to research and interpret relevant laws in the context of company work
- Be able to communicate and work with Indian authorities (like IT department, GST Department, etc.) for company-related work
- Work with company CA for compliance-related activities, including but not limited to financial documentation
- Facilitate all statutory audits for the company
- Take on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations