Compensation is based on skills and experience
Only qualified candidates with relevant skills and experience (if applicable) will be considered
- Self-directed, organized, good communication skills, ability to manage multiple implementations at any given time, good follow-up skills
- Participate in root cause analysis as trends in issues become identified
- Mature understanding of clinical application support processes and workflow
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills, including the ability to perform basic wireless/network/computer issues
- Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned Qualifications
Majors: Business, Human Resource, Accounting, Health Professions, Computer Science, Information Systems & Technology
This is a paid internship where you will be responsible for assisting with the implementation, configuration, training, and re-engineering of practice operations to support the successful adoption of Meditech Expanse an electronic practice management and electronic health records software at a large hospital in Shreveport, Louisiana. The candidate must have excellent communication and written skills.
- Participate in the implementation process of new and/or existing interfaces
- Understand how to configure, install, and validate Meditech Expanse and other related systems interfaces.
- Work with Meditech/clients to determine business needs/requirements for Meditech Expanse
Understand with Clinical, Financial, and Ambulatory application processes and workflows
- Provide technical support to clients or assist Help Desk staff in providing support to clients on the above-mentioned implementations.
- Understands regulatory guidelines such as HIPAA
- Intern will support Go-Live events, either in the practices or in the command center
- Take direction regarding validation activities related to the conversion of electronic medical records from one system to another; reviews elements of a patient medical record and validate the same information came over to the new system