Accountant - Intern
The candidate will learn and assist the accounting team with reconciliation, accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial reports, documentation, and other tasks/projects as assigned.
The Candidate will be working in a small office environment and will be given the opportunity to learn all aspects of accounting
Compensation is based on skills and experience
Only qualified candidates with relevant skills and experience (if applicable) will be considered. The candidate will need to pass a technical test to qualify for this position.
This is a full-time contract position with remote work from candidate current location for Dallas TX USA based company. Re-location is not required for this job.
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Masters in Accounting.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers and MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, honesty, and responsibility.
- Motivation and a strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
- Shadowing members of the Accounting department as they perform their duties.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, recording, and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Preparing financial reports, invoices, and other documents.
- Working with Accounting software.
- Performing administrative duties as required.
- Documenting accounting processes
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company and clients.
- Preparing Ad hoc reports as requested
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.