Software Engineer - SQL Database
We are looking for a qualified Database developer to design stable and reliable databases, according to our company’s needs. You will be responsible for developing, testing, improving and maintaining new and existing databases to help users retrieve data effectively.
As part of our IT team, you will work closely with developers to ensure system consistency. You will also collaborate with administrators and clients to provide technical support and identify new requirements. Communication and organization skills are keys for this position, along with a problem-solution attitude. Ultimately, you should be able to ensure our database systems run effectively and securely on a daily basis.
Compensation is based on skills and experience
Only qualified candidates with relevant skills and experience will be considered. Candidate will need to pass a technical test to qualify for this position.
This is a full time contract position with remote work from candidate current location for Dallas TX USA based company. Re-location is not required for this job.
This position requires to work at least for 4 hours during TSG business time (9:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Standard Time – CST). This requirement may eventually vary with the increased or decreased presence during TSG business hours depending on your productivity, knowledge, and skills.
- Minimum of 3 years of proven work experience as a Database developer
- In-depth understanding of data management (e.g. permissions, recovery, security and monitoring)
- Knowledge of software development and user interface web applications
- Hands-on experience as a Microsoft SQL Database Developer
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- An ability to understand front-end users requirements and a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BSc degree in Computer Science or relevant field
- Ability to work in a remote environment with a global team
- Design stable, reliable and effective databases
- Optimize and maintain legacy systems
- Modify databases according to requests and perform tests
- Solve database usage issues and malfunctions
- Liaise with developers to improve applications and establish best practices
- Gather user requirements and identify new features
- Develop technical and training manuals
- Provide data management support to users
- Ensure all database programs meet company and performance requirements
- Research and suggest new database products, services and protocols.